Business Development Executive
PHARMExcel are looking to recruit a new Business Developement Executive.
Dani Harrison Head of HR & Well-Being is the main contact for this exciting new position.
Role type: Full time – mid senior level
With a market leading reputation within the clinical trials market space. PHARMExcel support leading edge clinical trials, meeting high regulatory standards with ground-breaking studies.
As we continue to grow and re-invest into the business, we are now looking for additional talented individuals seeking their next career step in this exciting industry. If you want to join a progressive team that will support you and help you deliver customer outcomes to projects that you will be proud of, we should speak. We would welcome the opportunity for an initial friendly confidential discussion to see how you can help us grow and be part of our rewarding story.
- Proactively network to establish key relationships and to identify new opportunities in the (bio) pharmaceutical and biotech industry (UK/EU) and non-commercial/academic sector (UK)
- Manage and lead the entire proposal process, including evaluating opportunities, attending proposal briefing/debriefing, budget, strategy and other opportunity specific meetings
- Identify and attend key conferences and trade shows to increase company visibility and business opportunities
- Prospect new business relationships and opportunities with travel to client sites across UK & Europe where required
- Managing and maintaining relationships with existing clients
- Increasing the current company client base and revenues
- Assessing and making recommendations to line manager regarding new business opportunities and viable income streams
- Evaluating and understanding client requirements for incoming Request for Proposals (RFPs)/new projects
- Delivering high quality customer-focused proposals and budgets
- Consistently meeting proposal submission timelines and adhere to Business Development SOPs and Working Procedures
- Preparing self and team to attend bid defence and other client meetings as required
- Performing against revenue & other commercial targets
- Providing monthly reports to line manager of activities and key performance metrics
- Adhering to department KPIs
- 3 – 5 years Clinical Trials experience preferred but Life Sciences sector experience considered
- Good knowledge and evidence of a successful sales career to date with key stakeholders at senior level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Life Sciences or industry relevant experience preferred
- UK & Europe sales experience ideal
- Good understanding of the healthcare system in UK & Europe a bonus
- Self-starter mentality
- Good strategic mind able to work on multiple opportunities in parallel
- Looking for a position that enables personal and company growth with opportunities to build and lead a team
- Experience of CRM systems and reporting to senior management
We are based in Hertfordshire and whilst this is predominantly a field sales role some office presence is required as this is a highly visible role within the company.
A market leading salary is being offered with a comprehensive package including car allowance, commission structure and entrance to the company bonus scheme including private healthcare and company pension.
If interested or require more details please contact Dani Harrison at email@example.com